Our mutually respectful comments policy
1) You may comment without registering. You can log-in via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s up to you.
2) You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend it, but you may do so if you wish. This rule may evolve if it is abused.
3) You may post follow-up comments or questions. Critical thought is encouraged in comments that become reader discussions. We would rather receive your comments on my blog than via email. It is a better use of our time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
4) You may disagree with us passionately. We welcome discussion that strive for facts & useful consensus. However, I ask that if you disagree with me or others— please do so in a way that is respectful and honest. There is already too much disrespectful shouting in current public discourse to allow it here.
5) We always reserve the right to delete your comments for inappropriateness. We own this blog as a public service with enlightenment for ALL readers. There is NO obligation to publish your inappropriate comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine. Your opinion is NOT necessarily fact, unless verifiable with links to widely credible sources.
6) Too be emphatically clear – we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
7) You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
8) You grant me a non-exclusive license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Now lets learn something here …